I was 22 when I joined stocks. Do you think I did the right thing? (part 2)


Below is a interesting question from a young member in our forum. It asks about investing now and enjoying later. 

Photo credit


I am 23 years old, I was 22 when I joined stocks. Do you think I did the right thing? Maybe in this group, all will say 'definitely yes' . But I don't think so for those people out there na ka age bracket ko lng. I know I am doing the right thing, pero everytime kasi na nakikijoin ako sa mga gimmick with my friends e I felt like I was being out of place. Minsan inopen ko ang topic about stocks nung nag iinuman kami pero sabi nila 'we are too yoing for that, ENJOY LIFE' . Sa isip ko, I'm enjoying my life naman pero I don't know kung naaayon sa age ko ang way ng pag enjoy ko nung life. Di ako kasi gaya ng iba na lage gumigimmick, once in two months lang siguro ako kung sumama sa shot session. Kaya yun. I am spending more time sa work and reading things about stocks and business. So, is there anyone out there na ka age ko at magkalapit lng ng age? Anu masasabi niyo?

It's interesting to note the answers from others when people share their comments about it: 


What you are going through is something I have termed the "Social Cost of Investing". It will ALWAYS be there since investing is not really part of your culture and it is really what inhibits many FIlipinos from investing consistently. Mag-iinvest lang pag "iso" or kung walang bang magawa. Investing, like eating healthy, is a lifestyle choice.
Watch the ff video and malamang makaka-relate ka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRSf_elwDvo
It's NOT going to get any easier as you age as the demands on your time and money will grow -- which is why you have to always keep in mind WHY you are doing this investing thing. - Tess
FYI, if you think its difficult at 22, try talking about stocks to your friends when you're 15. LOL. WALA talagang maka-intindi sa ginagawa ko at that time. - Aya Laraya

It is your perspective in life. Dont mind them. Eventually, you will realize n tama ang ginawa mong move and you will compare life with them 20yrs after. Na ikaw stablished na and yet sila mguumpisa p lng. That's the importance of investing---the TIME.- Tess

 

Hello! I am 23 now and I started investing way before college. Like 18 or 19, if I can remember clearly. And it's cool, you know because I tried many things already and made mistakes and learned from it! Yes, we have somehow the same situation about our friends neglecting what we share to them -- financial freedom but you know what, in time, it'll change because they will realize that they need to invest in their selves first. Just like sharing the Gospel, you know. Do not get tired of sharing it because it is for the good of the people. And with regards to 'enjoyment according to age', as for me, there's no such thing because I have a different perspective about joy. Anyway, money, saving and investing are discussed in the Bible too, so don't feel like you're in the wrong path! Happy New Year! - Des

 

I started trading stocks at 22 but I learned and have started playing online trading games since 19 years old. I never regret investing. It's my future, not my peer's. It's my own money, not theirs. Warren buffet started at 11 and look at him. He's never different from us who are investing. What makes us different from those who do not invest is that we think ahead because we are building better future for our family and retirement. So, giving in to peer pressure is like foregoing a bright future. I tell you, mahirap maging mahirap. it really makes a difference kapag may alam sa investing. - Jervin

 

Learn to balance your finances and your time. You can do both. Enjoy life and invest in the market at the same time. I was 25 when i started playing stock market. That was 1993. -River

same here im 23 and investing.para kasi sa akin aun ung ksiyahan ko sa buhay. pag kasi nagastos ako parang nag sisisi ako kaya i decided na mag invest na lng. Dumaan din ako sa ganyang stage na iniisip ko na sobra naman ata tung ginagawa ko parang may mali. nice post im happy knowing na may taong kagaya mo - John

I started 28 yrs old, at naghihinayang ako sana I knew about investing at a younger age pa sana nung unang nag trabaho ako nag invest na sana ako agad.. just balance your way of life, set aside some for play or enjoyment also as you save. Money management lang yan. Now Im 34 and have 2 kids and they already have their own investment too. May be you should set your goals so you would somehow appreciate investing .. - Christianne 

You can check the whole thread here. Lots of insights you can get. 


Now, if you're totally new and you;ve not yet started saving, take the 52 Money Challenge instead.
 
Credits to the owner

How about you - what's your story? 

Have fun investing (starting now),
oMeng

PS: One answered "My regret is that I SHOULD HAVE INVESTED IN STOCK WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE! Trust me, you're doing the right thing. Don't wait till you reach your 30's or 40's."  


They say hindsight is 20/20 vision. Learn from others.
Dream big, start small.

And to help you begin, read this first - My Maid Invests in the Stock Market... and why you should too! Download it for free.

PS2: Doesn't know how to start? Join us in our upcoming seminar this January 25 (SAT) and bring home your own financial plan. Learn how to start growing your 
wealth in the stock market. 
Get more details here - Practical Money Management + How to Win in Philippine Stock Market Seminar!

Super early bird rate of 2497 1997 1497 ends on January 9 na!
Limited seats only so  reserve your seat now.

  http://www.smartpinoyinvestor.com/2013/05/midyearstockmarketseminar2013.html
PS3:This blog now has dedicated pages for click-by-click tutorial for  beginners. If you have a relative or a friend whom you want to  introduce to the world of stocks investing, you can direct them to below easy-to-follow tutorials. Even grade-school children should  understand that, so konting kalabit mo na lang kelangan. Help them  realize what they're missing and they will thank you for that in the  future.  
How to Choose What Stocks to Buy and Sell
How to Withdraw Funds and Enjoy your Profits 
When to Place Your Orders - Trading Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

GRAB YOUR FREE LESSONS. JOIN 3919+ MILLIONAIRES

GRAB YOUR FREE LESSONS. JOIN 3859+ MILLIONAIRES

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...